NUMBER ONE XBOX 360 BLACK OPS 2 PLAYER FORCED TO RESET STATS DUE TO HARASSMENT
“Retrominano” was the top ranked Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 player, globally, on the Xbox 360. That is, until he reset his stats in order to avoid continued DDOS attacks originating somewhere in the U.S.
Being top ranked in any field has a tendency to attract a lot of attention. Unfortunately being the number one Black Ops 2 player on the Xbox 360 generated unwanted attention from a harasser who used DDOS attacks to keep Retrominano from connecting to Xbox Live for more than 10 minutes at a time.
According to a Reddit post, Retrominano tried resetting is IP address numerous times, but to no avail. In the short amount of time he actually could play online, his games were constantly joined by his attackers harassing him over Xbox Live. Left with no choice, Retrominano reset his own Black Ops 2 stats order to avoid continued attacks.
Pretty fucked up that someone would do this. Just another reason will online leaderboards are ruining gaming in my opinion.
Get caught up on Black Ops 2!
TmarTn tells us about some of the good news for PC players, as well as the new create-a-class system. Check out the video and send us your thoughts. Points instead of weapon slots? Will this be a good idea, or will it result in more campers than ever?
Black Ops? Black ops.
If anybody wants to play on xbox, ima be in TDM (or dom/ground war if anybody wants) messing around with a crossbow. Message WaitinOnNoobs if you’d like to join me
UPDATE TO THE MW3 UPDATE
Mark Rubin tweeted in order to clear some confusion about the new download window that’ll manage your DLC from now on. When you select Download All, it doesn’t re-download everything - just a license key that’ll update the manager. There’s also reports that Spec Ops levels are being reset and old multiplayer maps are unplayable with this drop - something Infinity Ward is looking into.
- Tyson | R|R
MW3 TITLE UPDATE 16 DETAILS
When you boot up Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox today, you’ll be greeted by a title update. What does this have?
- Added Competition Mode to System Link (LAN).
- Add telemetry for matchmaking for future improvements.
(NOTE: Matchmaking changes coming after patch with this new data.)
- Dragunov (Weapon): Multiple tweaks including reduced kick to bring it more in line with RSASS
- Dead man’s hand (Deathstreak): Reduced explosive radius apx. 25%.
- Blast Shield (Perk): Increase damage reduction for Blast Shield in hardcore modes.
Misc Bug Fixes:
- Fix for not all Domination defenses counting towards your “Defends” stat.
- Kill Confirmed: Update the player score before updating the team score.
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player on round transition if earned from getting 8 kills.
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player if earned within 5 seconds of spawning.
- Tyson | R|R